PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finding a job in Canada?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2022, 23:13
muermel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard there's a bit of a need for helicopter pilots in Canada. Also I see a lot of news regarding immigration to Canada getting "easier/ faster" for certain jobs/ people. Is it worth to apply for a Visa as a helicopter pilot? Is Sponsorship essential to having a chance? What are the chances with an EASA + FAA CPLH + FI-H? I have 2500 hours total (1500 piston/ 1000 turbine), current on AS 350, R44 and MD500, currently flying pipeline/ powerline utility, charters, instruction.

I'm 40 years old, not married, financially stable. Looking for a long term perspective, that pretty much has disappeared here in Germany over the last years. No career to speak of, too few jobs, no progression, pay and conditions are a joke compared to other countries. I know the grass is allways greener on the other side but over the last 7 years I've been in this industry in this country I've kept telling myself that things would improve with 1000 hours/ 2000 hours/ the right type rating etc. lot's of unpaid overtime/ weekends, all the stuff that apparently helps. Reality is that you never have the right Type Rating, are allways 20 hours short, applied 2 weeks too late, still need that MCC course, another training etc.

Any pointers are appreciated and of course I would be willing to agree to a bonding of some sort if that get's me into a decent company with a real long term perspective