PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS pilots to go on strike.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2022, 12:18
shared reality

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelbarrow
Very sad to read this news tbh,
Unfortunately SAS don't have much cash left in the bank after the pandemic and all associated stuff with union this union that and trying to restructure in whatever way to build a future.

Id give the airline and group 1 month following a strike if its longer than a few days, they will close and shut the doors. End of your airline and how proud you all were.
Ryanair will step in within a week and open bases. Probably won't look at any Scandi Crew. I guess they could share everything with Norwegian who are just waiting.

Pity it really is.
You might be right.

However, if management gets their way, us mainline guys will be gone anyway ( IŽd give it max one year) and then SAS will be turned into a travel agency, with a bunch of lowest-bidder platforms left. Personally, I'd rather see the company gone in that case and take my chances on the job market. I have always been proud to wear the uniform and represent the pilot group in SAS, a truly professional and great group. But this is our last stand, make no mistake, and we have nothing to lose, as we will be extinct anyway.