PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China requires provenance of all foreign aircraft
Old 7th Jun 2022, 09:17
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by WideScreen
Think: What, when China has to make a choice between a Russian court decision (granting Russian state-ownership to impounded aircrafts) and (for now non-existing public) Western court ruling around the same ownership ? TBH, I think, they just raise their hands to the sky and tell all parties to first resolve their court-issues and for now, China will not take action. At least, that's my guess. China's att covered against sanctions and Russia happy, they still can fly to China.
I do flights of my own aircraft into China frequently, and documentation for permits is a matter that takes care from all concerned, HKG, JPN, and SGP are particularly careful with documents. China may be coy on the matter but they have a lot more to lose than gain by permitting the breach that occurs with the Russian use of aircraft contrary to both lease breaches, which run close to grand theft, and a complete disregard by Russia of Annex 8. A majoritry of these aircraft will be illegal to operate into any signatory airspace either now or in the very near future. It certainly begs the question as to who is insuring them. Nowthere are short term ways to resolve those technicalities, but one of them will become seriously limiting in the near future. There is a way around that but I have no interest in assisting the kleptocracts resolve their impending quandary.