PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-8
Thread: Birmingham-8
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2022, 16:58
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bordeaux

Originally Posted by ssflyer
It is nearly a month since the last post.
The skies are busy, so BHX must be still operating?
Crazy few weeks for me but other than reporting the chaos there seemed little point as such matters have been more than covered on other threads.

That aside - aircraft wise BHX has been as excellent as ever covering airliners, freight and GA (ignoring the handling side of matters).

The National 744's have finished but again still a brief and excellent addition operating to Houston (not sure who for) and as I type this another AN12 has landed plus Fleet Air of Hungary have been virtually based here this week.

GA wise you can never tell what is a BHX flight or redirected from down south but still very steady.

Another ex Flybe route started today Ryanair to Bordeaux twice a week from the French base.

Schedules continue to be flexible for the likes of KLM (cancellations), Air France (A321's and extras), Lufthansa (increase on Munich but still just below pre-covid levels), Brussels Airlines (slight increase but well below pre-covid levels), Swiss are static, Emerald up to 3 daily on Belfast City and loads are good I believe but of course it is bank holiday. Flybe are well Flybe but most flights operate usually on the right day, TUI has a brilliant schedule which has started to settle down now after the well-publicised disaster of last weekend. Jet2 are doing okay with 13 based, a few issues with 321's and I am sure they would prefer more on-time departures but again things seem to be easing.

easyjet up until Wednesday were cancelling something most days, usually an Amsterdam, Belfast, Glasgow or Edinburgh but the Med services seem unaffected.

Wizz are just missing Wroclaw which bizarrely operated 4 times in May and is back in August at an increased frequency.

Turkish to Antalya seems to be doing okay despite the lovely times and Istanbul is all over the place but usually 10-11 services per week with double daily still planned for July I believe

Emirates no change and Air India plod on with a weekly Amritsar although BHX was showing another on Wednesday which I assume was planned ages ago and cancelled.

Blue Air Bucharest was also due back in July but not checked recently to see if it still on.

Based on April stats I would say were Vueling Orly, Eurowings Prague and Stockholm were the strugglers and it will be interesting to see how they do as they might start to pick up with as summer goes on and Orly is showing some better signs but again not great flight times.

Sun Express are back to 3 per week on Antalya and Corendon have maintained their schedule where I believe some airports haven't.

Pete