PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China requires provenance of all foreign aircraft
Old 2nd Jun 2022, 06:42
DaveReidUK

Received 206 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver99
I think what Russia did amounts to piracy in many ways and China seems to be doing the right thing in asking them to provide provenance and if they can't then don't enter their airspace. Seems reasonable to me.

However to apply that rule to only Russia and no other country/carrier is partisan and is taking sides. It would be hypocritical. It should be reasonably easy to provide up to date ownership records asap for assets that cost in the tens or hundreds of millions of dollars.....and if not.... why not?
The way I read the article, it's simply putting the onus on airlines to prove that their aircraft are legitimately registered with the marks they are carrying. The only time an airline is likely to have a problem in supplying that evidence is if its aircraft have been moved from one country's register to another without being officially de-registered from the former.

For example a leased aircraft transferred from the Bermuda register to the Russian register without the involvement of the lessor ...