PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Does BA Have An Attitude Problem?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2004, 05:55
Morrissey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accused

You know how it is as you grow up - somehow BA is seen as the airline to fly with, don't want to trust those foreigners with your life.

Had a few trips to the states and Oz by the time I was 22 - all with BA. Then it canme to the meal.

Chewing through the usual lump of chicken I almost chocked on a cube of glass, about a cetimetre square, that had somewhow got into the meal. Now I'm aware BA are not directly preparing the food but I do expect them to take responsibility for what they serve up. On calling an attendant over I was told it was not possible that this could have been in my food - effectively I was being accused of planting it.

This was a real shock to the system and since then (thirteen years ago) I have never flown with them again. During that time my job has required monthly travel - unfortunately every time I specify no BA.

Then to cap it all they killed Concorde.

Contrast that with Lufthansa. Delayed flight out of LHR resulted in a missed connection at Frankfurt on to Tokyo. Flown striaght down to Paris and put on the next AF flight. On return upgraded to Business without even asking. They get repeat business.