PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ELECTION TIME
Thread: ELECTION TIME
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2022, 02:08
43Inches

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts
To put it another way, the Canberra &*^%ers couldn't even get the NBN right, its still &*^%ed.......and you want to let them loose on energy infrastructure????????
You do realise it was the conservative idiots that sold us a compromise 'because it was cheaper' that led to the NBN we have had to fix constantly to get half of what the original Labor plan was. And spare me the old folks cant afford ****e, they are mostly responsible for current house prices as they can sell large inner city properties at premium and pay exorbitant cash prices for what they want in the burbs or country. I'm not young, and have regular drinks with some retiring older folk who are very well off, ex real estate agents, bank managers, tradies, small business owners etc. If you didn't make money in the last 50 years you were the odd ones out or blew it on something rubbish or didn't try hard enough. What is happening generally with poor vs rich is the same as it was 50 years ago, you either have or have not, or had and blew it on scams or rubbish.

The conservative plans that have held back green power progress are doing exactly the same thing. The world is moving on, your energy is not getting more expensive because it's greener, in Australia its because it was privatised and monopolised and is running on technology from the 60s, with inflation this all compounds. The longer you hold onto obsolete technology the more expensive it gets to run it and the more expensive it gets to upgrade when it's finally obvious that is what is required.

One of the biggest nails in the GA coffin was lack of innovation since the late 70s. No one built or tried anything different from the bog standard Piper or Cessna for 30 years. You wonder why a general lack of interest developed and the whole infrastructure died. Why buy a plane when its 50s tech, not particularly exciting, have to work at getting qualified and you have to keep up with rules and procedure changes. I can buy the latest Tesla now and it drives me by itself to my destination, and I can show it off. Show a plane to my business mates, yeah cool, didn't bob kill himself in one of those in the 80s? next, who wants drinks on my 2021 60 footer down the marina while we watch the game on the 200" LED in the stateroom?

Last edited by 43Inches; 27th May 2022 at 02:19.