PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nighty night
Thread: Nighty night
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2004, 00:40
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
Gus - a couple of bunny hops and wiggle your ears please. Is Fern Britton still putting her hand up your.........??

The 5 take-offs and landings can be flown as stop-gos, but not touch-and-gos. In other words, given a long enough runway, your chap can land, come to a complete stop, reconfigure for departure, call 'ready for departure' and go off again. The CAA is happy with that. Make sure that the 'remarks' column in chap's log book says "5 night take-offs and full stop landings" and is countersigned by the supervising FI. You do not need 5 seperate log book entries!

I needed to do my 5 t/os and ldgs for a night rating (as it was then) because my miitary night time of several hundred hours wasn't apparently acceptable to the Belgrano. So I took off by day, came back and broke into the circuit at 120KIAS and 100ft (as we were then permitted). Stopped, put the flaps back to Inter and re-trimmed, applied full power and flew a tight 500 ft circuit. Repeated this another 4 times until I'd got my 5 night take-offs and landings - it took about 10 minutes from the first break!

Look Westward - Ch 9 from Stockland Hill and Ch 11 from Caradon!