PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade to B737CPT or switch to FO widebody
Old 16th May 2022, 07:59
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
737 size command is worth it, it's a career teleport.

Imagine you could replicate and do both - 7 years from now the command 737 you will be getting a DEC on the ME3 WB cutting the line in front of the WB F/O you.

Not to mention 7 years from now the 737 command you will be looking at m-o/m-o offers in Asia worth 20k USD net (today's value) feeling sorry for the jet lag dogs. Check some threads from before COVID home many full civil home days each month did EK T7 captains have. (pickup kids at 16:30, evening and dinner + local night + family breakfast and drive kids to school by 08:00).
Now that’s where you are at a sticking point.

At the moment ME3 don’t take DEC on to Boeing fleet. QR is advertising DEC Boeing fleet however very unlikely to get it with 737NG only time. I know a TRE/TRI been at a LCC for 20 years going to said company but moving to RHS. EK when they wanted DEC you needed heavy time. They tried taking 737 DEC people but it didn’t work. Soooooo.

IMO as command is not guaranteed I would take the WB option. That’s just me. I want to try LH.

As you seen from answers here some love LH some love SH. I have never done LH. Want to try it at some point to see if so like it. Better than getting to 60 and thinking what if.
I know people who have gone both ways. LH lovers will always say “can never do SH again” Namely those coming from LCC doing 5 early getting up at 3.30am and not getting home until 16.00 sometimes later is brutal. Then the SH lovers “can never do LH again”
Bored in the cruise for hours.

You know the type of person you are.

It’s a tough decision very few airlines allow you try both. BA is the only one that comes to mind where you could go either way and not have to move mountains.