PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 320 new SOPs
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2022, 08:43
CVividasku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About the wing lights, I make the most of this line by checking the strobes OFF and beacon OFF at the same time. This can happen, is very easy to miss, and would be annoying to other people around the aircraft.
And after all, strobes are lights that are located on the wings Beacon on at this point will make your passengers late.
However, for the BUS 320, from the 318 to the 321 I never saw a single jetway going against the wing light. Maybe they wanted to harmonize the checklist with another model that has this problem ?
Why would they want to have the same checklists for aircraft that were designed several decades apart ?

"The ADIRS horn is very loud and you can most certainly hear it from the flight deck." Thank you for your input, I never heard it before.
Is it much louder than the ground horn that we regularly use to call the mechanics ? Do you confirm the risk is to completely deplete the batteries during the night if left on ? I don't think I will try to hear it by myself.. Maybe on the sim, if it's simulated ?

Overlooking the squawk on as well as the memo really can happen. There are several memos forming a list, pilots don't necessarily read it before each flight phase. Even ATC is not a reliable barrier, some airports will call you out immediately if you forget the squawk, some won't care. The final barrier will be the ECAM after takeoff.