PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 320 new SOPs
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2022, 17:34
CVividasku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pineteam
We did not implement the new SOP yet but I agree some of these changes are unnecessary IMHO. But I have to say I’m looking forward to use the new shorter checklist! =)
The checklists are shorter but there is the "T.O. speeds & Thrust" that is much longer in the before start phase.
Since we're supposed to ask for pushback before doing the checklist, it leads to 30-40s delay between the approval and the pushback.

Originally Posted by Sergei.a320
We have been using new airbus SOPs, briefings and checklists since december 2021, everythings works well and more comfortable. Lots of things should now be discussed ,especially during preflight (prelim and cocpit prep parts). But they deleted After t/o climb checklist, imho very safety related one. I.e. l/g up should be checked
For normal flight I don't think there is a necessity to check the gear. At worst, you will notice it no later than 4000ft when accelerating towards 250kts (the red band will be visible at 280kts)
For abnormal flight, people will have to think about it no later than before reading the status.
Originally Posted by T54A
I've always wondered why companies use their SOP as opposed to the OEM SOP. Why do some people think they know better than the guys who actually made the machine?
The guys who made the machine do not operate it. They can aggregate their customers' experience but still don't operate it themselves.