PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct entry command.
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2022, 03:42
VforVENDETTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In comparing QR AND CX I think some very important facts are being missed.

Do QR or EK etc. make or ever made a real profit?
Who cares? Do they pay you well enough reliably to put your eggs in that basket? Does it make any difference to you as an employee where the money you get comes from, whether from profits or government subsidies? Nope. It doesn't make a jack sh!t difference. In fact IF it's not profit based, it's more stable than otherwise.

Does QR management actively obsess with how they can save money by pulling it out of pilots' pockets maliciously? For example, last year CX management decided to cancel providing pilots with the rental deposit (which is 2 months rent) so if you signed a new rental lease you wouldn't get that assistance and now not having known about this new policy since they intentionally didn't announced it anywhere, you had to pay it yourself having already signed a new lease AND canceled your old one meaning you're forced to give back that previously paid deposit and pay the two months deposit out of pocket. It was decided to quietly implement this WITHOUT any announcement as to catch as many pilots in that predicament as possible to maximize recouping as much of that outstanding cash as possible very obviously to the detrement of cx pilots getting caught off-gaurd by this. I know a person present in a meeting when this strategy was discussed and decided. This is just one example. There are others. Does QR do that? I don't know. Do they?

And consider the management at cx in another aspect. Compare the CEO of QR who has famously said the airline that pays well will never have a shortage of pilots. An amazingly competent and realistic thing to say as a manager. Now compare that to the waste of oxygen cx has for a CEO and always chooses one after the other of the same, more or less. Who would you rather work for? Which has a better expectation of success in this business or any for that matter? Jellyfish, the GMAs one after the other, combination of waste of oxygen and vindictive malicious individuals.

We all know first hand what a toxic cancerous place CX is. We've all had our buckets of sh!t filled and overflowed by cx for many years. Giving another option a chance especially we'd be starting with an empty bucket of sh!t is a better bet than staying where we all know is only getting worse by the day. It doesn't matter how good cx does in any aspect. The employees will never get to share in any of that success. They've made that extremely clear to everyone. They will thank you for your sacrifice and nothing more than the bottom minimum possible.

I've been working for airlines for the past 32+ years. More than a few of them. I've never seen a more toxic and cancerous place of employment and I've never seen a more vicious, vindictive, malicious and on top of it all incompetent management anywhere. Almost all of us came here as mercenaries. It was always a toxic ****hole of a place to work. It's just that it paid well with good benefits so we came and stayed. Now the salary is less than 1/2 of that and benefits are 1/3 of that, there's nothing left to make it worth it to stay. Nothing left other than the cancer and toxicity.

If you have any delusions of cx somehow proving to be anything but a cancer on your career and life whether they somehow manage to survive despite doing all the wrong things, I'm here to tell you you're wrong. You'd be much better off taking a change on something new.

For those having excised this cancer from their life and career, the price to put it back better be an extremely high amount, to consider going back as direct entry captain etc.

What is your price?

Don't answer that.

Last edited by VforVENDETTA; 10th May 2022 at 06:20.