PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Short Haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2022, 22:56
Mr Proach

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LAME2
In my opinion your desire for a strong unbiased regulator looking at safety risks won’t happen. I approached the regulator during a particular period of very stressful IR disharmony. I presented their own research and words with evidence linking their words to the companies words/actions. Best I can say is they heard what I said, read what I presented, then went to lunch leaving me with the words “it’s an IR issue not safety”. A more realistic view is they just didn’t care.

You’ll eventually have to do as I did to maintain your sanity, leave. Start looking to where your next adventure will be and start preparing for it.
I believe the regulator Brakerider was referring to was not of the aviation variety. The regulator will not touch IR issues. You could argue that pilots who work under a a regime of fear or favour is in itself a threat to safety but the regulator will not go anywhere near a topic where IR connotations are involved. For example, many in the GA sector will have been subjected to some sort of intimidation or threat for not turning a blind eye to some aspect of an operation (writing defects in the maintenance log springs to mind) this is prevalent in organisations where pilots have little or no industrial protection. There was a story about a group of pilots who raised like concerns with a representative of the regulator, what transpired was what some may describe as disturbing.