PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Short Haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2022, 13:34
DirectAnywhere

Received 164 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by LAME2
In my opinion your desire for a strong unbiased regulator looking at safety risks won’t happen. I approached the regulator during a particular period of very stressful IR disharmony. I presented their own research and words with evidence linking their words to the companies words/actions. Best I can say is they heard what I said, read what I presented, then went to lunch leaving me with the words “it’s an IR issue not safety”. A more realistic view is they just didn’t care.

You’ll eventually have to do as I did to maintain your sanity, leave. Start looking to where your next adventure will be and start preparing for it.
All it takes is, during the negotiating/voting period, a large number of pilots to go sick due “unfit to operate” leading to cancelled services, to draw attention at senior levels. The one thing that has improved over the years is sick leave. If you feel worried about your future, and it’s playing on your mind, use it at the time things are most difficult for you. Ensure your own well-being, that of your passengers and, ultimately, the company.