PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Short Haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2022, 05:55
FlareHighLandLong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay
Good question! I don’t believe anyone has seen the full details of what the AIPA reps, agreed to in-principle. Other than the Strategic imperatives and some dot points issued in an AIPA communique. A small inner circle made the call, then some information somehow came to light that made the in-principle agreement seem unattractive. Someone jumped the gun without the support of the wider pilot group.

Was there any attempt to canvass the pilots? I didn’t see any.

As far as NJS, I refuse to be used as a wedge to undermine other group pilots. Disagree with that notion all you like but it is the outcome from this poorly conceived in-principle mess.
Something pilots everywhere need to be clear about is that we aren’t all negotiating. That’s why we have a union. We vote for a COM, who in turn appoint a negotiating team. It’s their job to understand the wishes of the pilot group and negotiate in accordance with our intent. It’s not useful, realistic or helpful to expect them keep the wider group informed during the process.

IF the negotiating team think an acceptable offer is on the table and IF the COM agree, then they need to inform of what the offer is and why they think we should accept it when it’s time to vote.

Until that happens let’s let them do their job.