PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What a politician should commit to before the election.
Old 29th Apr 2022, 08:31
glenb

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
What a politician should commit to before the election.

I am currently preparing a Senate submission to the current Senate Inquiry into CASA. Whilst the submission is quite damming, I would like to finish with some positive suggestions. I would like to post one of those suggestions up here, and see what kind of feedback comes in. In the Submission i will draw the Senators attention to this thread, and they could draw on the comments in their considerations.

Suggestion Five

That the Government provide a one off grant of $500,000 over two years to AOPA.
It is a one off grant, and there is no commitment beyond the two years.
AOPA uses those funds to establish an Office with the purpose of developing business opportunities for the Australian Owned sector of the flight training industry.
The funding of $250,000 per annum is used to one Manager, one office staff, and travel.
The office would pursue opportunities for the sector to access international markets to train pilots, pursue Government grants for marketing and export development etc

At the conclusion of the two year period, a review would be conducted as to the effectiveness of the program.

Keen on thoughts, positive or negative, cheers. Glen