PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct entry command.
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2022, 04:20
Piet Lood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
Commute to where? Within Asia, to Australia/Oz? Of course much better at Cathay. Again, naturally not at the moment. To Europe hard / borderline insane at Cathay ( in my opinion anyway) but IMPOSSIBLE at Qatar. Forget it, thousands have tried and failed. You can't commute from any gulf airline to anywhere, period ( maybe India?) Not even SA. If you doubt that there is no point to argue, we just have to leave it there.
The reason there is no point to argue WITH YOU is that in the face of ALL the evidence to the contrary, you will maintain that YOU are right and everyone else must be wrong.
I told you my friend is commuting and you say “IMPOSSIBLE”.
I told you my friend is making more money than I was in cx (after tax) and you say “IMPOSSIBLE”.
I told you my friend is flying less hours than his counterpart in cx and you say “IMPOSSIBLE”.

“Not at the moment” meaning how long?
Before the pandemic my friend was able to commute much more often (to Europe) than he is now, but you want to compare the best commuting days of cx with the worst commuting days at qr.
That way either of us can win ANY argument.

Bottom line: many of your initial statements and comparisons were not based in fact, ie WRONG.
Some were.

They might have been correct in the past and might be again in the future, but my friend in qr is seeing his family at least once a month (not enough in my book).
My friend in cx hasn’t seen his family in over a year.
But yes: STW WILL maintain that commuting options are much better in cx (just not right now….🤦🏼‍♂️).

Edit: I forgot to mention: my friend (I know, I know) lives in a 4 bedroom villa in a compound with a nice pool and gym, which he pays for with his housing allowance (not sure if your google document mentions that, because apparently not everyone qualifies for that).
He doesn’t have to live that luxurious, he could also downsize and pocket the housing allowance he’s not using. Try that in cx. Oh, I forgot, ARAPA is dead anyway.

Last edited by Piet Lood; 29th Apr 2022 at 04:41.