PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Phoenix Rising from the Ashes?
Old 28th Apr 2022, 21:16
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
. V1bang ..........With the dust settling from the Virgin Australia administration there seems to be new rumours on the ramp regarding the future of VA and VARA.

Latest news suggests Bain capital are investing in Virgins future for the long term despite reports they wanted to float the company next year (2023). With major debt ties finally cut it seems the airline has no where to go than up.

.........I miss the presence that Virgin once had in Australian aviation. I miss seeing their 330’s running East-West and tripplers running to LAX. I hope to see this amazing airline achieve huge success in the future because we all know at times they offer a damn lot more than other airlines do in this country..........

Red69...........Have a look at the profits Qantas were bringing in pre covid. VA have a very low cost base now. Additionally they have much better management; people who are actually incentivised to turn a profit.

Not saying it will happen overnight but it could well happen in the next 5 years when they have a bigger network which could include wide body operations.........

........VA has new management, new owners, a new strategy, less debt and a new cost base. It is only similar to the old VA by name.

Qf has the same (albeit great) management however a lot more debt.

Both airlines will continue to survive and be extremely profitable.
Wow! Just wow! What a fantastic business opportunity! I wonder if Bain will float some shares for us general public to buy? I can't think of a better investment!

Hear is a hint boys and girls; if you are going to run an Astroturf campaign then your current two sock puppets shouldn't start posting within 24 hours of each other, nor be relatively new users and should have some pretense of a varied posting history.

Last edited by Sunfish; 28th Apr 2022 at 21:27.