PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accident @ Orlando flight Training
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2003, 19:02
the_ridders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a Picture

Space_Odessey - thanks for the picture, it brings back memories, thats for sure.

I remember looking ahead and thinking: Land ahead - whooa theres absolutely nowhere to bloody go - arghh!

Then I remember looking over my left shoulder and seeing a clearing and heading there. I never quite made it and the trees came up sooo fast. I must admit I managed a stonking flare, at treetop height as the wheels started going in (wheayy! not something many student pilots have got to practice eh). 180deg is a bit of an exageration, but it wasnt a land ahead for sure.

In that picture you can see the sheraton hotel on the left I think, and the area I ended up in, somewhere above that large warehouse looking thing on the right.

Busz: No way I could have headed for Winghouse, what a place Did visit many a time afterwards though

Send Clowns - No Problems Totally understood.

James - Great to hear from you! Ive met up with Kaptain Kath about a month ago. Will PM you with my contact details...
Your right about the group james, they are now all calling me "Almost". (Almost as many landings as takeoffs).

Meantime - stay safe everyone, and remember it CAN happen. Ive read many a report and realise I am very lucky, many have landed on nice clear areas ahead only to stuff the plane in a ditch or hedge, flip it and come off worse.

Finally if your in ever Shoreham the one to watch out for is the only totally Black (yes thats right) C150 based there. Its so we dont show up on radar......

Cheers all
Almost