PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medical at EK
Thread: Medical at EK
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2022, 09:35
Kennytheking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry but I still disagree with you. You are using a handful of extreme cases to try and make a very broad based point which is not accurate.

I have never heard of medical records being reviewed as part of the upgrade process, which suggests that the case in point was special for some reason...what is the real story?

I think that you have made the point that EK Clinic requires the patient's approval to release any medical records which I would assume is in line with anywhere in the world. If you have chosen to give that approval, you cannot complain that the company gets the information. I should point out that medical confidentiality is an obligation on the clinic, not the company.

I will concur on 2 points though :-
  • If the story I heard about the cancer patient is true, it will not cover the company in glory and I hope there will be a reckoning for that;
  • I am not thrilled with the way the coverage is headed and all the approvals issues. Still streets ahead of most places in the world though, including UK & USA.