PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medical at EK
Thread: Medical at EK
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2022, 05:15
flyTheBigFatLady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennytheking
You are using half-truths to make it sound like a witch hunt and all because you have an axe to grind with the company.

The company does not give a rats arse what is wrong with you - they are only interested in your ability to work. If your condition impacts your attendance that is going to come down on you for sure. I have had several operations and my during my interaction with fleet, I did not feel that they wanted to know my medical issues - they wanted to know how long I could wait for the op and how long it would take to recover(and I had to give the doctor permission to give that information to them) - all perfectly reasonable.

I know that the SK will be on my record and when the next pandemic hits, I may well be let go - that is a calculation that I have made and am comfortable with. It's a reality I am lead to believe is not unique to the Middle east.

I don't know anything about your mates case but it is third hand information and I suspect skewed to his own point of view. It is also not impossible that some over zealous interviewer may have stepped over the line but that would not be the norm and is definitely not policy.
I would love to say you are right and that’s only half truth. I can assure you that I know the details and it’s unfortunately by far bigger than half truth. It’s very real.

consider your self lucky, at least one case was axed over a broken leg where it is known how long it takes to recover, another one over cancer (before covid). The broken leg story took place during the beginnings of the pandemic where it should not have mattered as the fleet wasn’t flying anyway. They knew and still it’s been a mandate for cost cutting. Another way is that fleet demands a signature one a letter to open your medical record to them, that can happen before a upcoming command interview, when the command board likes to.

i agree with you that they are in general not interested in what’s wrong with you and usually not playing that card and things are handled via attendance. And they are clever enough not to put down their cards, they won’t show you that they are breaking all rules of confidentiality.

should it not make you think that it is possible that someone can step over that red line.

Last edited by flyTheBigFatLady; 18th Apr 2022 at 05:56.