PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nellis - Draken Adversary Contract
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2022, 17:17
Underfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balance

Originally Posted by Baldeep Inminj
I believe that. The management at Valley were a masterclass in arrogance and bullying of staff. Absolute dregs of humanity.

I see that Draken told too many lies to their customers at Newquay and the academy went under. They have also lost the SAR contract for Curaçao. Surely enough alarm bells have rung to let Draken know that they have toxic people in their ranks? The ex-Cobham people will drag the company down again and again - they simply don’t know the meaning of ‘integrity’.
Just to add some balance to what is clearly an emotive subject for some.

My experience with Draken was quite different. A very good salary package, great pension and decent management. It's naive to think that a revenue based organisation was going to be anything other than brutal to ensure survival in these difficult times. It is happening everywhere at the moment.

Newquay went under during a period where COVID restrictions prevented the centre from operating at any level of profit. The margin was already small and sadly, COVID killed it off.

Waddington was driven by the OSD for E-3D being brought forward by the MoD. That action threw both 8 Sqn and Draken under a bus. Many service careers were (and still are) fouled as a result.