PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corsairville-The Lost Domain Of The Flying Boat
Old 10th Apr 2022, 10:03
DH106

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tubby linton
Brian Cassidy in his book Empire Flying Boat published as part of the Haynes workshop series describes a 2000yd road cut through the bush to link up with the nearest main road and stone quarries being opened up on each bank of the river. This was to provide material for the river barrage. The book has the most extensive set of photographs I have seen of the Corsair incident.
Yes, I read that in the Haynes book - interesting. Thinking about it, the length of the 2000yd road (just over a mile) cut from the main road (presumably the east-west road that runs out of Faradje and runs to the south of Nagero) would probably eliminate the area I proposed above as it's considerably further than 2000yds from the road, more like 4-5000yds.
The river meanders closer to the road to the west of Nagaero - so I wonder if this area should be reconsidered. I rejected it previously as it did not seem to match the distance and bearing from Faradje shown on the map in Graham Coster's book - too far distnance wise, and too southerly a bearing. But the map is fairly crude.
I'll take another look tonight!