PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA Casual Vacancies
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2022, 08:08
Whiteteanosugar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Airblast
Genuine question. What does the AOA actually achieves on behalf of its members in 2022?
For instance, my COS have been casually amended to our detriment by the company several times in the past twelve months. Was the AOA consulted or informed and able to resist?
At a very basic level, if a union has zero influence on the way our contracts are devised and revised, then I’m afraid the rest is just superfluous.
It is understandable how the company have already walked all over us as an individual and as an union member, we have our hands tied that it made many felt indifferent since TA18 & POS18. Many good people are leaving everyday and it is sad to see what was once a great airline to work for reduced to a “pay to fly” airline in this expensive city. The slim hope I have recently is having new blood in the union with the agenda of overhauling HKAOA and hopefully changing it to a more effective & productive welfare unit where members can rely upon them at all times, start to come around from the bottom of the bell curve and be in a position to have an input in any decisions made by the company. I mean who knows if they can get their costs down they could lower the fees and get more new joiners to join and numbers speak volume. I have had to lower costs on all aspects of my life but I still think the union fees are worth it, if not for the insurance and the representation in case of any D&Gs. That is my personal opinion in the worth of the union.

Last edited by Whiteteanosugar; 10th Apr 2022 at 14:40.