PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky Express anyone?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2022, 12:49
Alpine Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent

Such terrible times if RYR is singled out as the only acceptable option. I have nothing to add.

- - house keeping - -

Lauda UK is moving to 5/4. It's no charity but pilot life is better. I missed the webinar 2 days ago, not sure about other branches.
​​​​
Correct, I assumed 3 weeks of vacation but it is 4. Numbers just like you say, designed to match the common worker's weekend.
52 x 2 weekdays
- 4 x 2 overlap with vacation
+ 4 x 7 vacation.
​​​​​
OT, but our main problem in Europe is Organization/Unionisation. Far too few pilots are unionised and even the unions of those who are often don't spend enough money/attention/lobbying power in Brussels, where the action is. A lot of the root causes such as bogus self-employment of pilots will only go away if prohibited at EU level as individual countries' CAAs are bound to keep eyes shut firmly in the interest of their "national airline industry" (showing exhibit A from the far west of the EU). That is not going to happen without a concerted effort at both the EU and national level because nothing happens in Brussels that is not backed by a sufficient number of countries. As long as there aren't active pilot unions/lobbying units in a sufficient number of countries these sores will continue to fester. As long as we don't manage to bolster the conditions of those at the bottom of the scale, there will be pressure at the upper end.