PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter missing - Mt Disappointment VIC (AU)
Old 2nd Apr 2022, 03:29
megan

Received 393 Likes on 208 Posts
212, I've had reason to comment previously here how this is not how a harness is worn, as it shows up on many videos posted, of instructors also. Basic education missing I think, if worn in such a manner you might as well not wear it at all.
someone doing B205 training, and neither pilot are wearing shoulder straps at all
When the Huey first came out accident investigators found the pilot/s at times still strapped in their seats, but located some distance in front of the airframe, having been ejected trough the windscreen in what should have been a survivable accident. Belts at the time were attached at the seat and the seat was letting go from the runners, probably aided by airframe distortion, lap belts were then secured to the airframe, shoulder harness remained attached to the rear and bottom of the seat (inertia reel). Problem solved.

Loved the crotch strap on the 76, there was no way you were going to submarine out of that, and it kept the buckle low on your hips where it should be.

Thanks RVDT, I know absolutely nothing of French machinery.