PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air collision involving Piper PA-44-180 Seminole, VH-JQF, and Beech D95A Travel A
Old 31st Mar 2022, 14:04
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
You're dreaming if you think Class E ie full-blown controlled airspace for IFR
These two aircraft would not have collided in Class E airspace.
That is NOT what I said. Quote me completely or not at all. I said "work". I did not say Class E would have not prevented this prang. Of course it would have.

In IMC conditions it would, that's how Class E works. If a VFR ran into an IFR in IMC in Class E then there's a different problem isn't there? But you're letting your 'Tossbag obsession' turn you into a ranting loon.
I never mentioned "in IMC". Stop adding red herrings to your argument.

Given you are allegedly a multi-decade experienced IFR trainer AND controller (according to the CV you PMed me), instead of ranting, I assume you would have at least thought of the two-comm issues of E and CTAFs. And just to circumvent a VMC tangent, please don't suggest all the IFRs simply switch to VFR to make it all work. As we saw at Ballina, looking out the window doesn't always work. Unless of course you think I am speaking nonsense.

not the 20 or 30 other that this person was looking after plus the en-route traffic plus the internal co-ord that needs to be done.
Oh, so it's ok to have so little time to consider what they are looking at on the screen may well go pearshaped. Right. What I'm seeing is a lack of service. What you're saying I can't get that service because the controller is too busy (or the ATC system is set up badly). One doesn't need to be an expert to see there is a major problem here.

Class E in these sectors and there wouldn't be one controller looking after this debacle.
You said in your ranting PM that I don't know how many VOR approaches I've done there, 5 IFR at a time is routine at MNG. That would immediately stop in E, would it not, or how would all that navaid training work then?