PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Ballina again
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2022, 09:21
Colonel_Klink

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Some pretty interesting points.

It’s nothing short of a disgrace that a tower at BNK isn’t even being contemplated. I still fail to see how the current work around is supposed to increase safety on what was previously there.

I operate into BNK and find the best days are days like today. When the vis is about 4000m and the cloud is a couple hundred feet above the minima - that way no one else is around.

Unfortunately things are only going to get worse there as well. It is proving a very popular destination, and during peak periods it’s not uncommon for VA / JQ to have 5 flights a day from both MEL and SYD.

A few weeks back, every bay was occupied and a JQ 320 was stuck on a taxiway waiting for a bay to free up. We were very lucky another RPT jet arrival didn’t land as there was literally nowhere else to go.

I wonder if someone far more eloquent than me would perhaps be best writing to 4 Corners and try and get them to do an episode on what is a clear and unacceptable risk to the public. It’s usually after a massive public uproar after one of these TV shows airs that something usually gets done ASAP.