PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar and Ballina again
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2022, 06:01
cLeArIcE

Received 180 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by sunnySA
Wow, an individual mitigator. How about ASA provides a Class D Tower, or the regulations get changed so that an aerodrome owner can provide a controller service.
I never said it was a good thing to do,nor did it ever say "I do XXX, so I don't care what happens at Ballina." The reality of the situation is despite numerous qualified professionals In the industry (all more knowledge and experienced than myself) trying to get a tower at Ballina, Airlines trying and numerous avoidable incidents (that continue to occur) no one important is listening. That leaves me to conclude one of 3 things.. 1. The system is completely corrupt and someone important with $$ and power doesn't want a tower.
2. This "safety is our number one concern" mantra is actually just bullsh*t and the cost of a few hundred death's at Ballina is an acceptable cost versus the cost Of putting in a tower.
3. The people in charge of our industry are just blind incompetent morons that would be Better suited to running a bank or being a member of parliament.
I don't know the answer, nor can I control any of the above.
What I can do is have some balls and make my own decisions to best protect my passengers and crew. It's not much, but it's something.
​​​​​​