PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More bitcoin idiocy
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2022, 15:21
albatross

Received 156 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by MPN11
I

[PS … I had the famous Indian-based “Microsoft Windows” scam call again today, after a year of peace! I greeted him cheerfully, before inviting him to die.]
My record for keeping the “Windows Problem” folks on the phone is over 35 minutes using my confused, concerned, senile old guy voice and persona.
I put him on speaker phone and made coffee and read a book as I told him I was turning on my computer, getting online, then experiencing problems connecting to their site so he could take control of my computer in order to fix my problem. He kept on telling me what to do as I did nothing but told him I was really trying to follow his instructions, he got angrier and a more belligerent. I finally told him “ Wait you said Windows? Windows? I use an Apple and don’t have Windows. You must have the wrong number.”
He lost it! I managed to place a curse on him, his family and friends as a parting gift before he hung up.
I figured every second I kept him on the line was preventing him from scamming someone else.

To another scammer I explained that my wife desperately needed to use the phone (I’m not married) and gave him my “Home Office Number” to call back immediately. It was the phone number of the RCMP fraud squad. I have no idea if he called them but like to think he did.

Last edited by albatross; 27th Mar 2022 at 15:33.