PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian Airlines still flying
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2022, 12:44
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this isn't a forum for Public International Air Law, or policy or diplomacy, but . . .
the next ICAO Triennial Assembly convenes this autumn, in Montreal. After MH17.... then the air piracy of Ryan Air 4978 by Belarus..... and with the - sorry, can't locate a better term in my SLF/attorney lexicon - de-internationalizing of the Russian aviation sector, can the Member State be treated by ICAO as if the Assembly will be business as usual?

Not strictly as a sanction for armed aggression, for provoking on purpose massive displacement of civilians, for alleged deliberate infliction of civilian casualties, though those each would be good reasons. I'm wondering about the..... the spectacle of a State that took a fire axe to international rules and norms of civil aviation, but still having the privilege that attends to being a leading participant of ICAO.

Is it time to keep the official language and find a way to sideline or even suspend the State? (Yes, I'm hortified by Russia's War Movie enough to ask this.)

Last edited by WillowRun 6-3; 22nd Mar 2022 at 20:23.