PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian ATPL flight test
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2022, 12:41
morno

Received 324 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by mogga04
Very insightful and mature way to look at it. No I'm am not saying that. What I am saying is that I think its over priced for my situation, as its a course designed for people that have not been around Multi crew operations. A lot companies can do this in house, unfortunately I can not.

Would you pay for a full 100k CPL course when you already have the necessary experience for the test? or are you an expert? is that what you are implying?

I do believe the training I have received over the years in have been adequate and I am reaching out for help as seem to be a bit of a monopoly in Australia, as it is well established and I feel I have no other option.

And also I think most would agreed that these are licenses to learn. you only get taught how to pass a test in training and you learn a lot more on the job.
You're talking about a small investment to upskill yourself. Not $100k.

Think of it this way, if you’re doing this to gain a command (because that’s about the only reason you would), how quickly are you going to earn your investment back?

Prior multi crew experience or not, the moment that you think you can’t learn something, then you should hang up your wings.