PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naked 3-Star
Thread: Naked 3-Star
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2022, 20:23
Lima Juliet

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
Yes, that is where I got my Railcard from eventually! But it took them 4 weeks to figure it out. The poor Cpl Clerk was busy with P1 Discip issues when I knocked on their door and had to drop it to issue me a Railcard that a SAC/LAC would normally do. It was so obviously an after-thought ‘fix it’ as I had to wait a week for the physical cards to be delivered to the P1 clerk before they could issue me with one.

Plus don’t get me even started on the loss of staff administering competences, OJAR/SJAR corrections or F5000 admin! Normally an enquiry email comes back with an automatic “give us 10 working days to get back to you”. It’s hardly an advance. Having spoken to the poor TG17 clerks they hate it too, feeling like battery hens hemmed in waiting for an email with minimal face-to-face contact.

The only bit of good news I’ve heard is that the real HR gurus have pleaded to get the cluster that is the new HR Operating Model back to something in-between - that small numbers of clerks are being returned to SHQs, OCU and Trg Units. It should never have happened in the first place and why (even though it pains me to say it) that Scribblies are worth their weight in gold for some things that a call-centre just won’t deliver.

My experience, and those I’ve talked to on other stations is obviously different to yours. Even the some of the so-called “Apps” (which are really glorified web pages) don’t work and it’s always a lottery whether they work on Edge, IE or Chrome!