PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Battery power alternative
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2022, 19:40
Pointman1155

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery power alternative

I’m just doing research and wondering if you knew if it’s even possible to provide power (from an external source such as a usb power bank) to a XLR-5 plug that is being plugged into a 2 plug adaptor? Or to wire the batter housing contacts to a usb plug that could go to a power bank and not mess with the adapter. I have a Bose proflight series 2 with a XLR plug that was bought when I flew the ERJ-175. I got it so I wouldn’t have to buy batteries for the headset, and I’m now flying the 737. I’m currently using a XLR to 2 plug adapter in the jet, and using batteries for the power. I just didn’t know if I pulled apart the plug adapter and tried to wire a usb connector to the open pin if I could get that to replace the panel mount power. I don’t know if this is even a possibility. But if it can be theoretically done, how would I wire that? The end goal would be able to have a usb cable running from the adapter or battery compartment to a power bank that I keep in my headset bag that’s much easier to recharge than rechargeable batteries and cheaper than buying AAs for the res of my career. This is just a side project of mine and I’m struggling on where to start. Thank you for any response.