PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V1
Thread: Flybe-V1
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2022, 15:28
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bean
OH I GIVE UP!!!!!
Easyjet operate Austrian registered aircraft in and out of the UK on a regular basis. They also used Easyjet Swiss aircrafr before and since Brexit.
Who cares anyway
The CAA regulators care. I thought you were a pilot?
Originally Posted by TartinTon
Give me strength...I'll say this slowly so the hard of thinking can get it....They can't sell the slots. I'll say that again....They can't sell the slots. That's right, the slots are not and never will be theirs to sell as they are remedy slots and would be returned to BA.
They can, however, be held onto and utilised and become part of the enterprise value to any prospective buyer of the company.
Get the picture now?
I understand that IMHO flybe will never make money operating LHR-BHD/LBA on their own merits in those markets. So the slot play only works if BA buy flybe? This seems remote in the extreme, and so the new flybe will be flying aircraft and crews on loss making routes for an extended period, from day one with no path to profitability, on LHR-LBA/BHD/EDI/ABZ due to there being a better offering in market (ABZ/EDI/BHD) or no market worth serving (LHR-LBA that doesn't feed long haul).