PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V1
Thread: Flybe-V1
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2022, 17:35
Mr A Tis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OzzyOzBorn
It may not be that simple. Over the weekend, I looked to book a BHD-MAN sector for mid-April, only to find that no carrier has flights on sale. The Aer Lingus A320 is gone ... presumably back to Dublin. But the replacement Emerald AT76 services are not yet loaded for bookings. It is possible that FlyBe 2.0 could launch flights from BHD before Emerald does. They're both new operations. I'm not predicting which will enter the market first, just pointing out that neither are on sale yet - so FlyBe could still be the one with first-mover advantage on some former Aer Lingus routes if they launch before Emerald do.

Of course, I acknowledge that EasyJet operate BFS-MAN throughout. But those routes operated by the Aer Lingus A320 from BHD may be left temporarily vacant.
I'm in the same boat as Ozzy, wanting to book MAN-BHD early April & there is nothing. Only easyJet to Aldergrove, which is not really what I want.
I'm surprised Aer Lingus are not continuing the booking process. I wouldn't hold my breath on Flybe2. Whoever might be operating BHD-MAN in April, might it not be a good idea to open up bookings now?