PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying an Airbus with 140hrs
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2022, 20:37
tubby linton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Busdriver01
You don't actually believe this do you? How would flying a cranky old MEP around the UK from aerodrome to aerodrome provide experience of operating into LHR, AMS, CDG, or joining a tango route, or...(etc, etc,etc). I appreciate there's a certain amount of experience to be gained by doing actual solo flying (I definitely learned a thing or two in a C152 thinking 'oh Sh!T, not sure what to do now!') but let's not pretend airfield or airspace knowledge/experience is something you miss out on if you do an MPL

(I didn't do an MPL, just advocating that they're not as bad as everyone seems to say they are).
I do believe it and that is based upon flying a very basic turboprop into many major airports around Europe at the start of my career plus in later years teaching the A320 to cadets. Flying the turboprop with no flight directors into 30kt crosswind fog into Guernsey at the end of a multisector night or taking the same aircraft into LHR into the rush hour did teach me a few things.Trying to fly it and with your other hand depressurise it took a certain skill, but now I am falling into the old git recounting his memoirs trap.