PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - “Dynamic maneuver” - Definition??
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2022, 12:25
punkalouver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by iggy
I'm a non-native English speaker (agravated by the fact that I'm Spanish!), and this is how I explain it to my non-native English speakers students in the sim:

Dynamic maneouver is when, to maintain a constant output (for example V2+10 on take off), you have to keep changing and adjusting the input (pitch attitude) due to the constant changes in the factors that affect that input (less thrust with higher altitude, raising the gear, deflection of the flight controls that create drag, etc...). Leaving the input unchanged doesn't guarantee an unchanged output as well.

This seems to help them understand that concept. Or at the very least, they stop frowning...
Sounds overly complex.

In the end, the OP doesn't have the same command of English as most of us and is wondering what companies such as Airbus(not an expert in English when it comes to their publications) mean when they use it in terms of a go-around. He may not be interested in the nitpicking details of exact definitions.

You can read up about A300-600 and A310 go-arounds to find out why a go-around has been put in the category by some(such as Airbus) as a very dynamic maneuver. Because some pilots found themselves feeling like they were riding a rocket. That being said, some go-arounds are not so dynamic.

It also appears to be a word that easily has different interpretations by English speakers.

Last edited by punkalouver; 11th Feb 2022 at 12:44.