PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dassault Falcon 900LX replace 32 Sqn BAE 146
Old 10th Feb 2022, 00:20
Cat Techie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NutLoose
Cat, you can hold a part 66 and a Section L for free, or it was at my last renewal, on my last one as long as I had certified on my part 66 that was enough, prior to that I listed my Spitfire X1X engine / airframe experience for it.

As for the section L / Part 66 debate, the section L was hard, stupid things like sitting all the exam modules and then failing one resulting in all the module exams requiring to be retaken, even if previously passed and also a time limit on sitting them all.

​​​​​​…
I will take you up on the BCAR L. Be interesting to see. Having to retake subjects you passed is non sensical to be honest. Was a time limit on EASA until recently extended. However with Part 66 surprisingly as first type you have to do the jobs and supposed to be examined in knowledge by the B1 certifying as an oral as you do them. Back on topic mind. More Union Flags pouring down a drain plug. This lot got another huge bung from HMG to keep a sponsor going? Titan seen to have got a great deal (I almost worked for, they would have been hit hard bar their military and cargo contracts and do have mates working there) but it is public money! I forgot, no corruption at all with HMG.