PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL FAA 61.75 after SOLI away from the UK CAA
Old 9th Feb 2022, 10:06
fdl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fl1ingfrog
When you say you "understand" what do you mean? What you are suggesting appears very complicated.

It is worth being pedantic to unravel some confusion. You cannot have an EASA licence because EASA is not a state. Your licence has been issued by a state which is a member of EASA and therefore "issued in accordance with EASA" standards. However your licence is first of all an ICAO compliant licence which is recognised world wide. It is the ICAO membership that provides the reciprocity with the USA. Before taking any action you should clarify your position with whatever country (state) that has issued your licence and/or the FAA directly. There cannot be any interest by the FAA on the issue history of your licence, but only that it is valid.
Thanks a lot Fl1ingfrog, I thought I had replied to you but it seems the post got lost.

My EASA licence is issued in Austria post SOLI from the UK CAA.

I fully agree with your assessment in that the FAA should not care. But this is not the experience others appear to have had with the FAA. In the German forum I referenced earlier the response the FAA appears to have sent to an application post SOLI was as follows:

"The Airmen Certification Branch, AFS-760, has received the confirmation below that the following airman's foreign license and medical certificate or endorsement have been verified as NOT ELIGIBLE.

Name: XYZ

License Number(s): 123456789

This license has been verified as NOT ELIGIBLE since the foreign license is based on another country’s

foreign license. (Reference: §61.75(f))"