PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V1
Thread: Flybe-V1
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2022, 07:24
ATNotts

Received 318 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Wallsendmag
If it is a new company they've just performed a serious GDPR breech, I work for a Train Operating Company and at the end of one franchise we lost 90% of our customer database. Unless everyone contacted had ticked a box saying something along the lines of "yes please pass my details to a new company if you go to the wall", they'll have a problem.
There is, as I see it, a fundamental difference here. If train operating company "A" comes to the end of their franchise, and a new company "B" becomes the new operating company the business hasn't been sold. In the case of Flybe the administrators of Flybe Mk.1 sold their business (they remain the operator of the failed business) to another company including (one assumes) the customer database. If the new company had unofficially "obtained" the customer database they would likely be on much thinner ice.

As it is Flybe appear to have contacted their subscribers on the database they have bought asking for their permission to send them information which seems more than reasonable to my (non legal) brain.