PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military ethos and Diversity?
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2022, 22:35
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Agree with comments that chiefs are that far out of touch that the inclusive requirement's are so that we no longer have a a military who's business is about what the military does but who's business is now about inclusion and mandatory training. Once one of our many PM's (OZ) stated "diversity is our strength". So divided we stand united we fall? Very much like most democratic government's. There is no such thing as a majority. The multitude of diverse fractions in a party means there is not one flag to rally around but a multitude. So how do you pick your cause were do you put your effort into. This appears to be mirrored in our military with no surprises considering the masters that have to be obeyed. I think most people would agree if you can do the job than I do not care "what you had for tea" (what your life preferences are). And when we do not have enough metathesiophobia than we have change for the sake of change in the appearance of moving forward. Wonderful account of how the military was rearranged and how this and that was changed all achieving nothing but the appearance of improving and wasting time with the reduction in capabilities. At the end it was signed Biggus Dickus (actually some Roman General 400BC?, which for the life of me I can no longer find) when I thought I was reading a current statement. Shows change has not changed since change began.