PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military ethos and Diversity?
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2022, 06:38
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
Here we go again… you do not know what I was involved in or my full career, ahh clasps, got one of those and in rank I believe the medal precedes those of the gulf wars etc, but this thread is not about that, so take a chill pill and get back on subject please. Different times different conflicts. So please if you want to take pops at me please do it by all means in PM’s, but stop doing it and ruining threads, it does not become you.

I have yet to see a nasty person on here… the odd one needs help, but nasty, no.

I cannot fathom your comment on my politics, I have said in this thread each to their own and they should have freedom of life choices to live their lives as they choose as equals without any stigma or bigotry, God made us all equal, men and women are the ones that screwed that one up.

​​​​​​…
If I may say further, and to clarify, the effort being made by the service chiefs is to a laudable aim, but by lecturing and enforcing what to and not to show enthusiasm for, is going about it the wrong way. They should stick to the simple line, you're all one team regardless of your personal life, interests, etc and should and will work together as one professional team. But that doesn't appear to be the approach. Like political pressure groups, they are dictating personal feelings and causing division in the process, the very opposite of their aims. The ads that NutLoose posted demonstrate the problem western nations have reconciling the military image with the societies they serve. The American and British ads aren't designed to recruit for the armed forces, or the army in particular. Their emphasis on promotion of the LGBTQ wouldn't be out of place if that was the point, but in a military recruitment drive it drowns out the whole reason for recruiting to the armed forces.

Cat Techie and Scamp, I bow to your service in the face of the enemy, and that of anyone else, regardless of what they do to alleviate the boredom in their own free time. But what do you think the Greatest Generation would make of this? I wouldn't want to generalize, but those who fought in the Second World War might, in some cases, take a more old fashioned view. They oversaw and enforced the rules barring Homosexuality after all. But I will give you both 10 out of 10 for your command of in house jargon! ,

FB