PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates...is this for real!!???
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2022, 08:35
BANANASBANANAS

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by OnceBitten
It’s a good point you raise Bananas about maybe getting TOGA/ALT with 0000 in the MCP once airborne but the flight director still would have commanded an initial 8 degree pitch during rotation so that should have been normal at Vr and through to getting airborne. It would be an interesting one for the sim as I can’t find any reference to contradict what I posted previously except for the possibility of what you raise. Keep discovering they say!
Not sure about that. My information (as in, feedback from someone who tried just that in the sim) is that if 0000 is set in the MCP Altitude Window before the F/Ds are first selected ON and provided the actual elevation shown on the PFD baro altimeter was within the capture parameter then the F/D Flight Mode Annunciators would show TOGA/ALT when first selected ON. Subsequently setting 4000 in the MCP Altitude Window would not change anything and there would be no pitch up command shown on the F/D pitch bar at any stage prior to a Mode Change being made.