PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advanced rumours for new bmibaby Teesside routes
Old 25th Dec 2003, 08:21
TwinAisle
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Cardiff v Bristol... is there an argument here? Both cities have some issues, both have many good points. Both have areas I wouldn't walk around in the daytime, let alone in the dark. Both have room for a sizeable lo-cost airline IMHO.... no-one will win if it does so merely by rubbishing the other!

As for Lite's point - YES baby must be allowed to grow up into more than 13 aircraft.... but as I said in an earlier post, the issue at Donington is not one of common sense.... if you have a "lo cost is where we dump our weak routes and aircraft we don't particularly want on mainline, and we'll give them a bit of head but not much" argument, then you would have to feel pretty miffed if the "runt" airline starts making more money than all your established bits put together - and pretty miffed with the whizz kid who is making it all work in the black...

I would hate to think this is true, and the green-eyed beast of EMA is plotting anyone's downfall.... but jealousy is a cruel and selfish monster, and if it struck here, then the industry as a whole would be a poorer place. C'mon bmi board and Sir M - give Tiny Tony a break and let him do what you pay him to do - build a bigger airline with more bases, planes and customers! Four bases is indeed sustainable with the current route structure, but with 13 a/c it's going to be hellishly tight.... definately need some ATRs from January (as Hand Shandy alluded to)....

I think we could be in for seeing something pretty good from both CWL and BRS....

TA