PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia's Airport Videos and Voiceovers are world beating.
Old 2nd Feb 2022, 12:49
AerialPerspective

Received 72 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Stationair8
Welcome to Ozstralia.

Just like the BoM can’t produce a TAF for Cat D aerodromes due to Covid19!

just like our local council working reduced hours due to Covid19!

Just like management teams working from home due to Covid19!
Or the same councils practically requiring residents to build a second driveway and carport to accommodate all the different rubbish bins with every colour lid in the spectrum, this one is for garden waste or 'FOGO' - took frigging a week to work out what FOGO stood for - is it some variation on Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO); e.g. 'Fear of Getting Off'??

This, with my council, was accompanied by a calendar colourfully printed and dropped in every letterbox with a magnet for the fridge which was immediately out of date after the first week when they realised that some council drone had set it all up with no knowledge of how much rubbish of each type is accumulated by average folks and my neighbours who still have kids at home had to pay $200 for a second general waste bin to achieve what they could 2 weeks before due to the spaced out collection weeks.

It's got to the point where most people don't have a frigging clue what bin is supposed to go out so put them all out guessing that the ones that are due will be emptied and the others won't. Rinse and repeat next week.

Then there's the fact that we now have to practically employ a casual at each household to ensure the refuse is properly sorted into the correct bins, FOGO, glass recycling, other recycling, everything else not otherwise specified so that it can all be collected on the correct day and likely sent all to land fill anyway, after all that effort, because the higher levels of government have so completely rooted the recycling process and industry so that we have no choice because China has eventually given us the middle finger for years of sending **** to them all mixed up.

As an aside, not airline related but transport...........

I had occasion to travel on rail transport and use Melbourne's 'Myki'.

Seriously, what oxygen deprived at birth, brain damaged chimp with a head injury developed this crock of sh-t.......

Was concerned that there'd be a shortage of 'railway drones' at the station so I went there the night before to organise a card - machine had a pretty screen, asked me what I wanted to do so I pressed 'Buy Myki' since I wanted to buy a Myki, that seemed the logical thing.

Then it asked me if I wanted to top up my Myki, OK, I think, that's seems logical, it's selected a blank Myki from the supply and is asking what I'd like to put on it ($10, $20, etc etc) - NOOOOO, it had assumed that since I tapped 'buy Myki' that one must have immediately been beamed into my hand by some guy called Scotty on a 23rd Century Star-ship in orbit and that now I must want to top it up.

Meanwhile it greyed out 'Buy Myki' - so just for sh-ts and giggles I tapped 'top up Myki' - then it asked me what zone I am in, you mean the f-cking machine doesn't know where it is??

In the end I questioned it's parentage with explicit language and suggested in a similar fashion that it attempt self conception and stormed off - I mean, OK, I thought on the way home, perhaps it was out of Myki cards - if so, a message to that effect would be bloody helpful.

It certainly left me wondering what inbred coupling had produced the simpleton that designed the machine, let alone the system.

I'm sure other cities' systems can be unfamiliar if you don't live there but I never had any problem in Singapore or London or Sydney for that matter - maybe in Melbourne there should be a sign pointing out that you must have an IQ in excess of 180 and degrees in Quantum Mechanics, String Theory and Differential Calculus before attempting to buy a ticket.

"Welcome to Melbourne's Metro, featuring the only train stations in the world where you can't buy a train ticket". But plenty of border farce rail types to fine you if you don't have one.

For those that are old enough to remember the Goon Show, reminds me of that skit where they got up Blackpool Tower to be greeted by a elderly Liverpool man telling them "carn coom oop blackpool toower wi-out a ticket" to which they said they'd go down and get one "carn goo doon blackpool toower wi-out a ticket"....... this went on for a few minutes before Neddy Seagoon cried "Damn, stranded up Blackpool Tower" to which the little man added "wi-oot a ticket!!!!"

In short, it's not just Qantas but everywhere...........

Last edited by AerialPerspective; 2nd Feb 2022 at 13:05.