PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liverpool-5
Thread: Liverpool-5
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2022, 22:03
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
A couple of comments on BRS vs LPL vs NCL.

No mention of the relative income levels of the respectivite catchements areas. I've not checked recently, but its a fair guess they still decrease the further north you get (and NCL's EZY has terminally stagnated from being on a par with BRS's - I don't think these two points are unconnected...).

NCL is massively more isolated than LPL - the populations might be similar but I'd like to see the figures for those within a 60 minute drive...
I think; No I am certain the 60 minute loop would put Speke catchment way above that of Newcastle ( hinted as such) however much of the Speke catchment overlaps a certain neighbour. For some price conscious, specific routes, timings and those seeking a more leisurely experience a small number will choose Liverpool that’s for sure . Through I have no figures to support this hypothesis directly.

What I have generally demonstrated and disturbingly, is the real regional economical disparities within England ( The north south divide as it were) that may have further impacted a certain decision we can’t talk about !

Now what’s the answer and the way forward “ levelling up ain’t it “ now that’s for another place through .

I did refer to the real competition for funding being other urban regions across the EU rather more so than Manchester viz Liverpool . The North West and indeed North of England as whole needs to pull together to create the economic engine as it were for the desired prosperity and growth.

Bristol and the M4 corridor links have produced a dynamic economy with University’s, pharmaceuticals research and indeed entrepreneurship seemingly lacking in the North West for whatever reason.

It’s a deep,seated societal problem with no simple solutions and certainly not in the scope of a simple forum such as this.