PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liverpool-5
Thread: Liverpool-5
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2022, 10:33
BACsuperVC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eggc
Personally Liverpool isnt an alternative to me despite being 30 miles away. I only ever consider MAN, but I get the price concious might travel to save a few quid here and there.

Weirdly airports seem like football clubs to interested parties, MAN dont like LPL, BHX versus EMA, LTN versus STN, GLA versus EDI, LHR versus LGW etc and visa versa in each case. Don't ask me why but you see evidence in all of the forums of it.

LPL has its place for bucket and spade, city breaks etc but will never be any more than than and there is room for that in the NW.

Talk above of a second runway at LPL made me giggle a little I must admit, even MAN with many fold the passengers struggled at its peak to make 100% use of a second runway. The cost is huge and the need at LPL is zero.
Someone on here mentioned a second runway, it has never been in the airports plans, so why it was mentioned i've no idea ! Purely misinformation.

I travel quite often but rarely need to use MAN, even though its not much further for me, I prefer the ease of using LPL. Price comes into where people book, but anecdotally I often hear from fellow passengers who prefer LPL over MAN just because it's more pleasant to use, and they are not all from the LCR, Gtr Manc passengers are quite common and other areas.

As to what LPL will become in the future we don't know. It wont be another MAN, but it will continue to serve the NW well to Europe destination at least