PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liverpool-5
Thread: Liverpool-5
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2022, 07:52
BACsuperVC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pug
Not sure I understand what point you’re trying to make re. Aer Lingus and a ban on operating from Liverpool during some period 30 odd years ago, and what it has to do with anything?

I was under the impression the current long haul cargo operation was directly related to the covid supply flights? In that case if the need for these flights on such levels dries up (which is becoming increasingly apparent) then the cargo services dry up as a result. They’re not going to continue to operate flights with zero - or very little - payload just because they are ‘very happy’ with the service at Wynne Aviation .
Wynne Aviation deal with cargo, not just PPE cargo.
Aer Lingus were the incumbent on the DUB route from the beginning, way back. My point is, since they were told to leave the route, they have never been able to hold their own against Ryanair. Dublin is still a busy route from Liverpool nonetheless with over 380,000.00 passengers in 2018. I would say this is much higher than the Aer Lingus days, higher than LBA , and not much behind BRS. These both have two operators.