PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Puma confirmed for Cyprus and Brunei
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2022, 18:04
trim it out

Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Bolso
I think one important point is that the MOD haven't chosen the Puma, they've been forced to find a replacement with Draken choosing to end all of it's rotary wing business, I think they're making a reasonable best of a less than ideal scenario.
I agree they've had their hand forced, but that is down to their own dealing. Slightly naive perhaps to have assumed a private company would have extended a poorly performing contract out of the goodness of their hearts.
Originally Posted by Bolso
A question I haven't seen answered yet is hangarage in Brunei. The shed out there is only really suitable for 212's, I'd be surprised if a/three Puma(s) would fit. A year isn't very long to negotiate with local government and build a new facility, especially as I doubt they'd want to waste funds and resources on a new facility for the current operation with a different aircraft, only to change to a new aircraft and probably a new operation structure within approx 10 years.
RIMBA has some big hangars, might just have to do some of that diplomacy stuff with the DA.